Sunday, July 4, 2010

My Bf Gets Brazilian Wax

Finland, the World Cup in 2006 and some little anecdote





Ya sé que me vais a criticar por traer a cuento cualquier tontuna para empezar un post, pero todo tiene su explicación (o casi todo, vaya). De acuerdo que lo de los comecalcetines estaba bastante traido por los pelánganos para hablar de Cabo Verde, pero oye, esas son cosas del "stream of consciuosness" que decía James Joyce. Bueno, y ahora que ya he quedado como un pedante, paso a contaros qué tiene que ver Finlandia con el mundial de 2006.

El día que eliminaron a España en el mundial 2006, I found myself, for reasons of gigs in Rauma, a small town in Finland, but not sound, is the heritage of humanity. It has a very rigged wooden houses in the old city, and some other museum






after a hard day of work (I exaggerate, of course), the day we returned to the car hotel my colleagues (an Italian and Ukrainian) and me. Both insisted that we would see the party in the Hotel Bar. Hey, I said, if you insist, okay. The bar was packed with people. After the first cervezotas, Spain scores a goal for France. A server, who was fired by the shouted beers: GOL!. People gave me looks grim not interpreted correctly, I thought 'how are these Finns, it must be because I cried. " But after a while, make France not once, but twice and the bar erupted in cheers darting glances of pity. Then I found out they were all French, who were working on a contract near Rauma. In short, a trip either given in life. Since then, I maintain a dignified silence on all football matches, even when in the solitude of my room.

Moreover, Rauma is an interesting city, without exaggeration. The strange thing is that the Village Supermarket had "Villa SOBRENA" Toro wine, a wine that I like a lot. I've only found in the "Eroski" Albacete, in the "Eurowine" in Brussels and there, in Rauma.

Rauma is crossed by canals and streams, as you see here:




But calm is not Finnish bathing, is a sculpture, but it gives the stick?

Back from Rauma, Helsinki went through, a nice town (I was lucky that the weather was excellent). If you go to see Santa Claus winter some of these, which is becoming fashionable in certain circles, do not fail to go through Helsinki (aunque en invierno debe hacer un frío que te desuella los intestinos). Los finlandeses son serios, pero acogedores. Yo tengo excelentes amigos de ahí, como mi amigote Jorma que me enseñó las palabras mágicas en finlandés: "Sátana, Pérkele, Vittu". Probad a decírselas a algún finlandés y observad con temperamento de antropólogo como salta horrorizado mientras se tapa las orejas. Si es una finlandesa, todavía mejor. La verdad es que no sé qué quieren decir, nadie -ni siquiera mi amigo Jorma- ha consentido en explicarme su significado. Debe ser algo terrible.






Foto curiosa del mercado de Helsinki donde, como se ve, las cerezas las venden por litros, no por kilos.




En esta otra, se ve que el pescado se vende en un barco, cosa que sería lógica, si no fuera porque ya está seco y ahumado

Vale, ya me callo, que para un domingo está bien de dar la brasa, pero en serio, Finlandia es un país interesante y la gente es seria, pero agradable.

Besotes a tod@s

0 comments:

Post a Comment