Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Terrasil Review Warts

Two new candidates for "best restaurant in Mexico," Mexico's Flying




I'll make a superhuman effort, dear friends and unknown enemies, amid the sleepy fog that comes over me as a result of jet-lag, also called "décalage horaire" ( anyone know how to say in English? Would it be "jet lag"?) To share with you (whether you want it or not) of my recent dining experience in Mexico. Experience has led me to doubt some of the title granted without any embarrassment last March :

Okay, I do not regret too, I said "maybe." What happens is that now, on this trip I discovered her two will not gnaw Zanchetta (ie, they are at their height, to see If you hear that all you have to explain it). As in the films of the fifties (I love classic Hollywood cinema), mention them in order of appearance.

The first is "La Hacienda de los Morales." Then I took my compadres pm the same day I arrived in Mexico (hey, that I have compadres "sur place"). It's in the main picture and is a magnificent estate. Perhaps not as spectacular as the San Angel Inn ", but with a very colonial taste, as shown:



All ate chiles in walnut sauce, because, as explained to me, now is the time to eat (the Indeed, I learned very well why not eat in February, a place, but you have to eat now you're so lucky what a fantastic time!):





chiles are stuffed with minced meat and fruit and cream topped with walnuts and pomegranate seeds. They should not be low calorie, no, but they are delicious. If you go to Mexico in October, do not miss it. I is that, as I lived in Veracruz, mine were the ceviche, C. parallelus, crab toast and stuff rather marinas. I had never tasted the peppers in question.

The second restaurant in order of appearance was "Paxia"





's in San Angel, in the heart of intense movement and his style is different. The atmosphere is much more "trendy" is full of beautiful people and it is assumed that the cuisine is "new Mexican cuisine." Yo, what I did was to fulfill a promise he had made in the blog when I wrote about the San Angel Inn: I ate escamoles. Yes, dear friends. Escamoles, ant eggs. What happens is that not you hear, is mixed with cilantro and other attachments, you put them in a block and you the jump into the gullet. And what you notice is they are very tasty, but what is the egg and scallions which? No idea.





But okay, I ate very comfortable and I cared not a jot that they were ant eggs. We were five people at the table: each ate a different dish themselves were "new cuisine", but buddies, I kept thinking and recycling my escamoles. All washed down with excellent Mexican red (The problem is I do not remember the name, what a mess)

To close the evening we went to the San Angel Inn, not to eat again, but sausage fantastic margaritas.

Anyway, these trips, sometimes exhausting (eye, poorly designed, at eight o'clock we were all back in the meeting room)

Kisses to all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment