Monday, March 21, 2011

Coroplast Cage For Rabbits

Two books and a destination



I going to allow friends, colleagues and readers in general to start with the latter: the destination. Fate, not plan "fatum" I would say my colleague went to the forum Cicero together, but as "destination" Lawrence would say before leaving for Saudi. Anyway, that's it, that my destiny is tomorrow at noon Beijing via London (I hate that airport, but there is no other option). And I say Beijing, whatever it says my ticket, which speaks of "Beijing." What a pod. I do not know by what right will change the Chinese name for a city that has been Beijing life. It's like the Germans insist on calling "Aachen" to which all life has been Aachen (Well, worse is what the French call "Aix-la-Chapelle). Well, I'm going to Beijing tomorrow, but I'm not going to leave just like that, I know that come the depression, "Sorokin leaves us, etc, etc". I'm going to leave a couple of books to read and a movie to see. And just around we speak.

For starters, I recommend "L'enquête" by Philippe Claudel. I do not know if it is translated into Castilian, but it will take to be. And if you know the language of Racine, can read it now.

I am a shameless fan of Claudel. Claudel's writer, because it also directs films, but I will not be disappointed, so I will leave it as a writer. When I read "Grey Souls," left me with two feet of open mouth as written. I know there's a movie, but I feel like her, because surely have loaded the book. After the "report Brodeck" has taken the latter we could caption "Kafka on France Telecom." I was fascinated and distressed me, but worth it.




The second book I recommend is "Yacubian Building" by Alaa al-Aswany. I also know that is translated into Castilian. Some malicious critics have called "the 13 rue of Barnacle" of Cairo, because it tells the story of a building and its inhabitants with their bad (and good) rolls. To me it seems better to compare it with "spirit" of Cela. Is a fresh coral paint a society at a moment in history (there is also film, but again I did not like). Although the book has since its early years, now it is essential to move a step closer to what's happening in the Arab world and include, for example, that Egypt is not Libya. And

, movie, go and see "Biutiful" by Alejandro González Iñárritu



A harrowing film, which is in line Iñárritu and his obsessions, with a magnificent performance by Javier Bardem. With a suitable script to ambushes and traps mushy and tear, both take a sober film, committed, uncompromising to tears easily. Impressive, really, check it perendengues, do not impresionéis why I say and go and see it.

And when you saw, we discuss some questions that I left after the movie. For example: Will Ige or stay? What are the moths that are in the ceiling of the room Uxbal? Come, spirit, let's discuss on my return from China.

A hug.

0 comments:

Post a Comment